Friday, March 10, 2006

Life so far

*This was written on 27th Feb.. wind ur mind back to that day

Helloooo everyone!!

I know it's been damn long I haven't blogged. Even this whole blog was written many many days before I could post it up today. Reason : Didn't get Internet because there were thoughts of me and my housemate,Siew Chien moving to another place.

This place is okay except that it's not that good for Siew Chien, her room is upstairs, without a door and window, and the whole house only has a fan, so u can imagine it's pretty hot up there. Moreover, it's quite far from our school. so we were waiting for any empty units in the apartment. Apparently,after waiting for abt two weeks, there's still nowhere we could move. so, settled down and then apply for Internet and taa-dah! got it.

Not actually applied...I bought a prepaid card which is unlimited and last for 45 days for $25. I didn't know u could use prepaid card here cause they provide their own Internet service from i-dunno-where when u apply from them...which is expensive and limited.

Life here is not much different or special. Just that now I have to walk every day.*Poor feet* Quite weird at first..but kinda got used to it. Everywhere u go, u have to walk walk walk. School's okay..everyday at least 1 person says 'hi! my name is ****. u? where u from? i'm from ****' By far only 3 people are from Brunei - me, Siew Chien and Sara. Everyone else is always from Malaysia or Singapore or Indonesia, China or Hong Kong. haha what to do..the school only accepts international students.

However, there are also people from other countries lar..hehe, not many only. Views here in Melbourne are nice, esp the buildings.. food ok ok but damn expensive..everything u eat is about $10. Rarely got $2 to $5 food like in Brunei.sigh. Oh, one more thing..I noticed that the babies and dogs here are sooo cute. Dog-owners always bring their cute cute dogs for walks. Weather - unpredictable. People here always say that u can have all sorts of weather in a day. It can be sunny, cold then rainy in any order. Very true indeed!

Remember I told some of you that I'll be camping? I just got back yesterday from a 3 days 2 night camp. That was the ONLY fun event that happened so far.But only bad thing is the food. Not that nice but the activities are very nice. We sleep in cabins/lodges on beds..hahaha, so lucky. I thought we were gonna sleep in tents. Each room has six beds, a toilet, a shower and two sinks..not bad actually.

First day, we went to the zoo. Finally got to see kangaroos and koala bears. At night, we went bushwalking through the forest in the dark with torchlights, desperately trying to look for animals..some saw kangaroos but I didn't. I didn't even have a torchlight - was walking blindly.. with occasional light flashes from those who had torchlights.

After that..everyone hung out at the dining hall, playing board games, or playing cards. Some were outside chatting on the benches. And if any of you think u're nocturnal..don't worry..I think most teenagers are too! A lot of people weren't sleeping after 12..the teachers had to make everyone go to bed. I just managed to doze off at 2 am.

Next day, we went to do Ropes. Don't really know how to explain but overall, it has to do with heights and walking on ropes. It was the best of all activities.. challenging and exciting. After that we went to an aborigine exhibition place..watched a video on aborigines and then painted our own boomerangs. Stupid thing is we can't throw them due to bad weather.

Later in the afternoon..even when it was raining...we went cycling in the same place where we bushwalked..in the forest. It's actually a national park..but it's more forest-like. One special thing: kangaroos are everywhere!! in the woods, near our cabins, around people's houses, hopping across the roads, etc. pretty astonishing.

At night..There was a slideshow of pics taken during the activities.Everyone did not sleep at all until the wee hours of the night. Alot were admiring stars and not sleeping cause it's the last night in camp. The teachers didn't even drive us to sleep. Some slept on blankets outside on the carpark after admiring stars. The weather was sooo damn cold..we took blankets, wrapped ourselves and walked around like stupid-looking ppl..haha. Even after a hot milo, i couldn't stand it and went to sleep at 3+ am.

Next morning, we went abseiling, which is sort of walking down a cliff. Less exciting than the ropes but still it's cool..hehe. I realised I've blogged so much about the camp. bleh :P just had to. then it's go home time. Another 4-hour bus ride back to Melbourne City. My blog is so descriptive. Even I have to say that.

PS: I told my parents about my tired walking to school and they agreed to let me buy the monthly tram ticket..hehehe. Now I can go anywhere, even to the city without having to walk too long.


edited by: Amilyn YS Quah 18.03.06
note: Where are the PHOTOs ??

2 comments:

Amanda Yap said...

Hahahaha. I guess it's true that the Aborigines are still treated like a tourist attraction.

Just learnt about them in Geo, say a few weeks ago. =) Try throwing your boomerang at someone. I think it'll wind up turning around and flying to your face. Or not. Never threw a boomerang before. =S

T-erence said...

yeah.. definitely. They are the original inhabitants mannn. haha i heard that that incident might happen if u throw it incorrectly or something..

2020 First Post

So 2020 started badly overall for everyone, with world disasters keep coming. However I didn't think it was bad as I was still looking...