Wednesday, March 02, 2011

First week of uni 2011

Sigh, another urge to blog.

Right now, I'm listening to JJ's album, the latest one, where he sings all the songs he's written for many female singers. I think I'm weird, before this, I was thinking, why doesn't it bother me if I dun listen to any songs. I dun feel that it's silent or that I need to constantly listen to something. This is a seriously HUGE contrast to the old me. I used to be a music fanatic, whatever's new I have to know, as soon as I step into the house, I have to play my songs. Used to bring my Ipod and listen to it everywhere, esp when mp3 players started rolling out around the age of fifteen. But now, I dunno what's wrong! Does it mean I like being silent these days? It doesn't bother me that during my 8-hr flights to and fro Melbourne multiple times, that I never even switch my Ipod on at all, not even for a while. In the past, every tram ride, everywhere I walked on the streets, I need to have my music with me at all times.. now I dun even bother, I just leave it at home. Songs that I've downloaded since last November, I have not even listened to them. The only time I'm obligated to listen to songs is when I'm driving.. and I don't even bother selecting songs I like and putting them in the car to listen, I just merely turn to the radio and just go with whatever's playing. Lost touch with music man -_-" And when I listen to the Chinese songs, I go all emo, coz the music is so damn sad! Oh, I suddenly remembered another occasion where I actually need my songs with me, and that's during the exam period. Reading the never-ending pages of lecture notes without the Ipod is torture, so quiet, and lecture materials keep driving me to sleep.


Anyways, Visa renewal is annoying, so many procedures to go through. Have to go for medical check up 2 weeks later. Currently anticipating the burden that's piling on me from uni. Went shopping a little, bought two skinny long pants and a hair curler finally. Need to experiment more with the curler, coz I suck at using it. BUT I can't use it too often. Even with heat protector sprayed before using it, I'm pretty sure the heat is gonna kill my hair if I use it every other day.

Went to try out the Blackberry Torch today. Still wondering if I should get the Torch 9800 or the Bold 2 9780. Hmmmmm.. Torch is so like my old LG phone, half touch screen, half keyboard. However, Torch's screen reminds me of the Iphone's screen, huge, and easy to browse webpages and pictures with. Funny thing is, I can use either the touch screen or the usual scrolling touchpad thing to click on this or that. And can type with either the physical slide out keyboard or the on-screen keyboard like the Iphone's. How peculiar I find, having the option to use it like an oldschool Blackberry scrolling up and down, left and right or just touch touch touch like the Iphone. When I see the Bold 2, I find it so small! And it seems to pale in comparison to the Torch.. sigh.. but it's small and compact, the screen is pretty small too, smaller than my bold 9000. Dilemma~



I am so missing being in Brunei still! Don't really know if I miss driving. I keep complaining of having to drive so much in Brunei, but walking here is not too bad either. Prob coz the distance is not too far as I'm right in the city.

Seeing the uni sickens me. I really cannot wait to get out of it. Need a new life.. new purpose in life, work not study. Need money! Need independence, dun wanna use parents' money with guilt everytime I buy something that is not necessary.

Got my friend Jason to dismantle my whole laptop and clear all the dust build-up in my laptop's fan. Previously, my computer heats up like crazy, I swear it can cook an egg or be an iron, it burns if u leave ur fingers on it for more than a few seconds. Gets worst if it has been left on the bed. And the wind that comes out of the vent was always warm! Now, after all dust is cleared, the vent actually blows out cool air.. amazing! And my laptop is not HOT anymore :D

2 comments:

shenny said...

so which one are you getting?? ur so blackberry now eyhhh... it's the iphone trend.. ur so cool to not follow the trend. LOL! :p

Jasmine said...

dunno yet:S But the torch is not available in the phone provider i'm registered with yet. so can slowly decice still.

2020 First Post

So 2020 started badly overall for everyone, with world disasters keep coming. However I didn't think it was bad as I was still looking...