Monday, March 07, 2011

Week 2 of uni

Today's weather is "fantabulous"! Could actually walk out in shorts for the first time since I came back. I can't believe I was a mad freak about series.. spent my whole weekend, plus last Friday( I overslept, so didn't go for class) finishing up Can't buy me love and starting and finishing Ghost Writer. Also went to a rooftop bar called Madame Brussels last Friday night.






Pictures taken from Google, coz my lousy camera can't capture the night view very well.

So yea, quite a cute place, feels like the perfect place for a garden party with cupcakes, scones and tea. However, we went there for cocktails instead lol.

Finally my group members and I went to see my supervisor today about our project. Have got soooo much to read up on. Seriously, why did I spend so much time on series... now I'm quite hooked, feel like watching my next series in line, In the Eye of the Beholder.

Ooh yea, was supposed to recap on my awesome summer holiday.
Instead of doing an internship the whole summer, I wasted it away on being a driver to my sisters.. fetching them to and fro wherever they wanted. Sigh, wat a use of my precious time.. other than that, I was running errands for my mom or sleeping a LOT.

So to summarize, I:

- went to KK with Shen, Clint, Glo, Soon & Melvin. Awesome trip, tiring too. I remember sleeping very easily every night, coz I was so darn tired. Sleeping to and fro on the way there by car, eating, shopping, water sports for a whole day which includes jet ski, fly fish, snorkelling, parasailing & banana boat, karaoke, great hotel(thanks to Clint), bubble tea from Yoyo, Fish & Co and bak kut teh & Salut for dinner, xiao long baos, takoyaki, egg tarts, A&W. One Borneo twice, Starbucks twice. Nichii twice HAHAHA, why all twice? Didn't have enough time the first time.

- spent Xmas and New Year's in Brunei with family & friends. Fel & Lynn & & her friends, Teo and Henry were in Brunei. So spent some time playing rummy, dinners and visiting Kampung Ayer. Xmas & Boxing day dinners with family & at Uncle John's house, New Year's dinner with Fel, Shen, Henry & Jee Wei.

- Flew to back Melbourne for 10 days for my supplementary paper, which I passed alrdy.. yay. While on transit in KL both times, I stayed for a night. Spent two nights' time, with cousin & auntie & uncle. While in KL, ate my favorite hokkien mee, watched Season of the Witch, toured Taylor's College new Lakeside campus, went to the Library bar.

- Shopped quite a lot in KK & Melbourne, looking for CNY clothes

- Flew back to Brunei, spent about a week there, then off to Tawau for 2 weeks for CNY.

- Tawau was boring. The wait for CNY to come around was too slow to bear. It felt like forever before CNY came, coz we went back like a week before CNY started. Had numerous limteh sessions with my cousin and her friends. CNY was fun though, watching lion dances perform those dangerous jumping stunts on those high poles, collecting angpaos, visiting relatives, meeting cousins for limteh sessions, eating, being able to drive myself out to cease boredom, shopped a little due to boredom and managed to buy 2 heels. Quite unbelievable considering that's a small town. What could u possibly buy from there? But then again, it's nevertheless still much much much better than Brunei. Also bought lots of hair tie stuff, a dress, some earrings. When it was time to leave, it was a mixture of sadness and happiness.. sigh

- Back to Brunei on 6th day of CNY. KB road trip with Shen and friends one Sunday, sakikong and painian every other day. Lost except once the entire CNY.. seriously was in bad luck for gambling. Open house on Chap Goh Meh. Very fun CNY indeed, fun fun everyday.

- Lots of movie time. With KK gang, The Devil, All Well Ends Well, The Mechanic. Homecoming with Shen. I love HK, Sanctum & the Green Hornet with family.

- Eating! After every time I pick Rachel up from school during the noon at 2 or 3 or 4 pm, we'll go eat. Laksa and green sien chai noodle soup from Shiang Ping & Excapade many times, kolo mee, KFC cheesy wedges, butter milk prawn, pizza hut, Ayamku, etc trying to recall but can't remember what else I ate.

- Tried Zumba with Shen, Rachel and Nat one day.. with Vivian leading us, with her pro Zumba moves. It was super tiring for me, coz I have not exercised in a really long time.. feel so exhausted after 20 mins, and had a stitch halfway.. sigh. But it was fun nevertheless, wouldn't mind going again (Y)

- I didn't really do much in Brunei during non-CNY period I suppose.. except being a driver, fetching sisters and running errands and meetups with friends.

No comments:

2020 First Post

So 2020 started badly overall for everyone, with world disasters keep coming. However I didn't think it was bad as I was still looking...