Saturday, February 04, 2006

I'm Back !

Didn't expect my blog to be this long.. skip any part that seems boring! nyeah :)

Time really flies. Was in KL since 23rd Jan till 5th Feb, basically to celebrate Chinese New Year and do some shopping as well. Who can skip shopping in KL anyway, right? hahah.. spent too much on cross-stitching stuff..rm 112. bleh..really too much, but they're rare and I can't just find them anywhere in KL nor in Brunei. 3 nice patterns..which probably might take me about 2-4 years to complete them all. What a hobby, which takes time and might increase my short-sightedness! Erm.. other things bought include clothes (this is for sure..it will never be out of my list of bought things), slippers, bag, nice nice earrings.., what else? i forgot..haha, etc etc...

Like Lyn, I had some nail art treatment. My mom was having her facial done in this beauty centre and seeing that I had nothing to do and my auntie was doing her nails, I looked around and admired the pretty designs on the fake nails which are samples. My super-nice auntie then asked if I wanted to do mine and of course I would love to. So, in the end , after choosing from soo many designs, I opted for this simple looking one.

Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

Results came out one day before the exam and it totally freaked me out. I was asleep halfway..and when i woke up, I saw an sms from my dear saying that the results are out.. haha u can't imagine how i leapt out of bed and quickly called him..hehe. Was quite surprised at my results.. i expected worst..hehe. So so.. now i have higher chances of going overseas to study in future..yay~!

My first two days of Chinese New Year were spent collecting ang paos and going to the movies with my sisters and cousins.. watched 'The Shopaholics' and 'My Kung Fu Sweetheart' which both coincidentally feature Cecilia Cheung as their main actress. Many shops were closed in the shopping centre where the cineplex was located due to Chinese storeowners spending quality time with their family during the festival. This then results in people like us who go shopping during this time having limited shops to get into. hehe, only about 30-40% of the shops were opened.

Third day was much better. My family and I went up to Genting Highlands to spend the night. My feet were aching by the end of the day. We just kept walking walking and walking. The whole place was very crowded with lots and lots of people. I can't walk without banging into someone every now and then. I heard that it was always like that during the festive seasons. I remembered once when I went there during Hari Raya where I experience my first human traffic-jam. I had to squeeze into every inch available to move forward. Everyone was filling every single space possible. The weird thing is the place was opened till around 4 am or 8 am ( i forgot which, it was printed on the poster) starting from 31st jan till 2nd feb. So I was actually watching the lion dance on the centre stage at 11 pm..so many people were watching I was wondering why they don't need sleep. Then shopped there till about 1 am.. the whole time I was feeling weird and kept asking Amanda why are we shopping at a time like this and stating how crazy we were. hehehe...really crazy wahh, to me lar. Then at 1-2 am, my sisters were playing in the arcade centre with me constantly complaining how painful my feet were.


Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket
Went on this float after these people in it left. The bird one is nicer...but then we can't choose so we had to take the flower one. There's another one which is a whale..the nicest of all. Didn't take a picture of it but took a video instead. And I didn't ask that guy to look at the camera..haha


Image hosting by Photobucket
Lion being blocked by two heads.

Image hosting by Photobucket


Image hosting by Photobucket
I think this is cool.. Statue of Liberty on a motorbike

Image hosting by Photobucket
I like the ferris wheel

Image hosting by Photobucket

Amanda wants credit for the pictures. So, thanks to Miss Amanda Yap Tong for taking these pics..hahahha. so formal. You'll notice that I'm not in the pictures. It's cause I've taken pics the previous time I've been there..so this time I malas already and didn't take any.

The next few days..we spent time at home with my relatives until the day we came back..

Everyone's going their own paths..how sad :( Wonder when we're gonna meet again. Gonna miss you guys. We're entering the cold world beyond high school. hehe, dunno if it's gonna be cold or not..that's what i assume. it might not be.. we'll see yeah. Definitely it'll be much more tougher in terms of work that has to be done and the amount of thinking needed. As well as the amount of concentration.. i feel like i'm not that trained in that part. If something's boring, I'll tend to drift away from concentration. One more thing - Revising. It's not easy man.. I've always been kind of a last minute person. But however, my goal from now on - never to start revising late. I actually experienced the benefit of revising early..hehe I can tell u, it helped a lot last year for the o levels. I'm glad I realised it early enough.

Okay, i'm done blogging..

3 comments:

Amilyn said...

jas, your blog is one hell of an essay! a very descriptive one! hahaha =) the photos are nice, but wanna see u in it.

u shud've brought me there! *sob* i wanna go to KL! hehe and you..you.. leaving us for melbourne...haha if u really do go there, do take care.

shenny said...

haha.. jasmine ish the decriptive type of essay person le.. =P

sigh` JASMINE YAP! must inform us early ey before u leaving to melbourne n maybe some gathering oh..

Will MISS u soo muchh la.. eheheh.. BUT yea, u not leaving yet le , WHYY no call or msg from u one.. CHA BENG!! =P

Amanda Yap said...

HAHA. I did get photo credits, even though the photos were really blurry and sucked, even if i do say so myself. :)

AWW. I'm gonna miss her the most. :P

2020 First Post

So 2020 started badly overall for everyone, with world disasters keep coming. However I didn't think it was bad as I was still looking...