Saturday, February 11, 2006

a day of work

i was awake the whole day before yesterday, and at 10am i received a call from my aunt (you know, the cousin of the cousin of the cousin of mom, that kinda aunt whom u only visit once every new year, yeah.) asking if i wanted to help out at the L&P Recruitment Fair for Malaysian Colleges later as a receptionist. i said sure, it could be a good change from my routine of eat-sleep-tv-computer-ps at home. and my mom wants me to check out colleges/uni i might wanna get into now or some time after Alevels. or probably seek consultation.

and i needed a partner. Jas & Shen answered with a "i-just-woke-up-and-i'm-gonna-kill-you-for-ruining-my-sweet-dream" tone. haha im exaggerating. but why are u guys still asleep at 11am?? it's a beautiful day! have u no concept of time management? u know when my grandparents was ur age they've already made half the income for the day, and what more, you are young teenagers and...@#$%^&* HAHAHA. okayokayokay, it's not fair to use what my grandparents lecture me on u coz yea, they lectured me with that (the orange ones). u get the point, nuff said. and fel, ur maid said u were still asleep. and vee's gone!! bwaaaaaaaaaa or im sure she'll go with me. im so sure.

so there i was going alone, and then "maybe i'll call chunjing". so i did and amazingly, he came, hero swinging into action. in cheongsam. apparently he'd just gone to an open house and was going to another too after that. cute and so he accompanied the throughout the event. and i can say im a pretty bad person to accompany, i think i tortured him with my weird-ness and occasional negligence.

i was the very first customer, wooo! turns out that i could get a $4000 reduction if i were to take Alevels in INTI. or 50% waiver if i were awarded the scholarship in Disted-Stamford. and 25% waiver off tuition fees in NottinghamUni throughout the whole course of choice if I maintain a 65% and above score in exams. and some other stuffs i forgot. i was doing some thinking but decided i'd just stay in MD (considering that i do get accepted) despite the fact that i'd have to wear tudung. it's not so bad right? right? THAT'S WHAT YOU PEOPLE KEEP TELLING ME! IS IT TRUE?? and ALSO, im staying coz of Shenny. (HEHEHE). and Fel, and Clint, and [insert your name here. yes, you, the one who's staying in brunei. Jas, u keep off, i hate u. hahaha jk]

saw Flora who came just to check out options (like me!), Jason Lim who just came to check out options (like me!), Melvin, Chen Hui and Dennis who just came to check out options (like me!) oh damn, everyone just came to check out options k?? well there were a few who came with all their docs ready to enrol, and i thought that was pretty sincere.

after not knowing how to answer when the first few attendees asked me if i could recommend booths for the courses they were seeking, i decided to do a walk through myself and check out what each college/uni was offering. then i became the most talkative and informative receptionist i ever met. ahhahaha. well jasonlim's mom asked a lot of questions so it came in handy. and the girl who was seeking a college for her sis who got all As in Olevel but Es in languages. wooo. i knew how to answer them without crapping my way thru! hahaha.

X (anonymous for privacy purposes) pointed out there was a girl who, while filling in the info sheet at reception, muttered "im going to UK anyway" and gave me the white eye while i was asking what she was seeking. he thought she was pretty rude and arrogant, like who cares where's she going and if she probably should stay home and not come. it didnt really bother me, i'm just the receptionist doing my job and i dont know her and dont have to put up with her forever. plus, i thought she was pretty amusing. we shud have all these kinda attitude if we were to venture into sales or whatsover to do with customers. dont let it get personal! hehe.

Jasmine is so cute and i love her for being so blur and so cute. and so cute. here's a near to exact sms session:

jas: hey lyn, called u eh. no answer one. i think today cant.
me: i called u back later but u were out and mobile engaged. where were u?
jas: oh, went to education services. so how?
me: me cant either so nvm. im centrepoint nw. come here.

jas: huh? wat u doing there?
me: some edu thing. helping out as favour. if u coming bring me food.
jas: ohh. what do u want to eat?
me: hah? u serious? sushi then!! haha. are u coming?
jas: err sushi? cannot la, broke. something lower price can?
me: HAHAHA you ARE serious! my god. just come.


and she came few mins later with a set of fastfood. i her!! i cant believe she really got there for me. haha =) (jasmine, dont kill me, i actually wasn't hungry at all. and i didnt eat it but i brought it home to grow mould. im not gonna throw them away, ever! but i drank the coke already, i WAS thirsty)

umm i think most people who i knew who came, asked me if im working for L&P? hehee noo im just doing my aunt a favour. and do i get paid? hey! that didnt occur to me! should i get paid? nahh.. i didn't really care, i was there for *purposes stated at beginning of blog*. but right before i left, my aunt handed me $$$ and thanked me for helping her out on short notice and asked if i wanted to do it again if they needed help next time. SUUUUUUREEEE. just sitting there and getting $$$ ? easy job with double average pay. of course, i wudn't wanna do that for the rest of my life, but occasionally? why not. well honestly i didnt expect to get paid lah. woo. chunjing left before i did so he didnt get his pay. he could have (my aunt was still holding a wad of $$). hohoho.

well i was supposed to go visit an open house with him at 6 but the event dragged on and he had to go coz his bro was waiting..already more than an hour, since his work finished at 5. i couldn't leave yet so i told him to go without me. and i felt bad. its like i made him accompany me the whole day for nothing. maybe i'll forget about the $10 he owes me from the bet we made.

he said no one will open the refreshments we had for the guests (shut tight in tupperwares) i bet yes. and he said it doesnt count if i open it. i said okay nonchalantly. honestly i didn't have a plan in my head to make someone open it, but i just somehow felt that SOMEONE, at least ONE person, will open it up. HEH. i was right.

case victim #1 - jason's mom

yakkity yak about the event and me being jason's schoolmate and my results. silence. then...
her: what are these?
me: oh they're biscuits and cakes. try some.
her: no i shouldn't, had too much throughout cny. still have a lot at home.
me: mdm.lim made them, u really should try it (she was here for mdm.lim)
her: really? *giggles* maybe if it's good i could get the recipe from her.
me: yes yes yessss, open it up
she was probably confused why I wasn't opening it for her but i didn't care. im on a mission.
her: emm.. okay. *opens the container*

*i nudge chunjing to make sure he saw it. and smiled sweetly at jason's mom*
she never knew what it was all about. after she left..

me: oh yeah, oh yeah, $5 in the pocket!
chunjing: hey that's not fair! u made her open it!
me: so i'll make a good salesperson. i still win.
chunjing: . . . .
me: woohoo~


case victim #2 - the funny consultant from INTI

*he walks past the reception and notices the tupperware*
INTI consultant: hey can i have some of that?
me: of course!
INTI: thanks, just needed a snack.
me: no problem!
*nudges chunjing REAL hard*
me: HEH! what can you say now?
chunjing: *sigh*
INTI: *blank look* what?

i told him about the bet and he laughed. poor chunjing. $5 each! *cha-ching* would be much more than just that if i were to mention the other self-servicing consultants thereafter. lol.

a good day for finance. totally worth 40 hours no sleep.

No comments:

2020 First Post

So 2020 started badly overall for everyone, with world disasters keep coming. However I didn't think it was bad as I was still looking...