Saturday, August 09, 2008

Beijing Olympics 2008






Just finished watching the opening ceremony not long ago. So nice! Love the fireworks and perfect synchorinization of the performers. Performances that I liked very much were lighting of the Torch ( Oh-so-unique!) , and the Chinese keyboard looking thing(never did I thought there were humans underneath each character) and the one where a few very talented ppl dressed in black were painting on the paper on the spot.



Anyway.. u know the stadium right, I don't think it looks like a bird's nest. HAHA, to me it looks like the toilet bowl seat. lol, u can disagree, i don't mind. It's quite cool that the "green men" who happen to look like oompa-loompahs from the Willy Wonka factory made a mini version of the stadium. very cute indeed.

And then there's one part where the Olympic 5 rings symbol looks like it's "peeled" from the floor. I thought that was kinda cool.


The parade was DAMN BORING!!! Omg, I almost fell asleep.. lucky I managed to stay awake with dropping eyelids till it ended. Otherwise I would have missed the fabulous torch lighting part. I really like it coz it's unique and so different from other ones in previous years. By the way,what happened to Brunei? heard they're disqualified or something. Someone, pls update me, thank u.


Did u know that the director of the whole opening and the upcoming closing ceremony is directed by Zhang Yi Mou? The same guy who directed Curse of the Golden Flower, House of Flying Daggers ad Hero.


I don't know why I can type this post so fast..haha. Now I'm going to hit the sack. Do u know, when u were watching the opening at 8.08 pm, I was watching it at 10.08 pm, so the whole thing ended at ard 2.30 pm for me.. damn late. I am so sleepy..ZZZZZZzzzZzz


I promise I will blog more in the next few days/weeks... because I have so many pics to post..haha, check back often.

No comments:

2020 First Post

So 2020 started badly overall for everyone, with world disasters keep coming. However I didn't think it was bad as I was still looking...