Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Midnight rant

Hello again..

Doesn't seem like a very long time since I last blogged, that's what I feel.

Anyway.. If I don't blog now, I think it'll be hard to remember what I wanna blog about after a while.

Aye, all you people out there, I am so Jealous laaa! I see your 3-month holiday, and crazy holidaying ahead. Jealous~ I was looking at the summer gathering thing that was posted on Facebook by Amir. Omg, then I realised, I think only Australia is weird. Weirdly located and has weird climate. So different from a hell lot of other places including school term. You see, people who study at say, US, Canada, UK, Singapore, HK all have mid-year long holidays. Whereas, here, down under, it's only at the end of the year that we get the long holidays. eeeee.

I think everyone's done/almost done with their exams, esp Shenny tang, today some more! Wish you good luck, girl! Hope you do well. As for me, I'm counting down the days..argh, start on 9 June. The thing is I wanna fully concentrate on my studying/revising, but cannot. WAaaaaaa. so annoyed. why can't they finish giving all of the assignments/tests/labs earlier so that we can study for exams full on? sigh.

Went to watch a Cantonese stage play last week called 'The Importance of Being Vulgar'. Only a few days before I went to watch did I hear people saying that there's gonna be real swearing during the play. Reason is cause the play is sort portraying the use of profanities in the busy, fast-paced life set in HongKong. So yah, all the vulgar words that you can ever ever ever think of in Cantonese, have been said in the play. Quite an interesting concept, really. It's not everyday u find a play with people cursing non-stop openly. Like for example, there's this scene, where a guy and girl accidentally banged into each other at the shoulders, then a whole 3-minute or so, of scolding each other including insulting their ahem private parts. hehe. Then there's another intersting scene, with a professor teaching u how to swear correctly (like how to incorporate your profanities into ur everyday words with correct grammar). funny stuff.

Last Thursday, I got to go for a really random karaoke session. We only went at 12 am and had to leave at 3 am when they closed. So short time only :( .. but fun nevertheless. But fret not, a few days later, there was a potluck gathering during the weekend, and the host had a freaking karaoke machine at home ahhaha. So, yeah, get to sing 2nd round in that week but mostly old songs, like maybe up to Year 2000 songs. Moreover, I finally got to have an 'opening ceremony' (not literally) for my cake mixer. haha, I made the chilled cheesecake for the potluck which I used to always make years ago for the first time here officially, with a cake mixer. The last time I made one here without a cake mixer, it turned out weird as hell. So yeah, very glad I made my family bring it over when they came here earlier this year.

Oh and I have officially stepped down as welfare officer of IESS as a new committee has been elected and I didn't wanna run for any posts this year, too busy with schoolwork man. hheehe, Am feeling quite relieved but it has also made me reflect on how being a committee member for one term (a year) has made me learn a lot of things in uni that I would not, have otherwise been able to. Things like organising events for members, liasing with uni staff, doing publicity runs, working in a team to improve social wellbeing of international engineering students all under a tight budget. Hahha, I sound like I'm writing a resume. But yea, it was quite scary on the funds part, coz we had so little funds at the beginning, we thought we had to close down the society, which would be quite saddening, as it has been running for about 15 years now. Talk about heritage.

Now, before I bore you to death, I'll just stop here. Just had to pen down those thoughts of mine. Nowadays, I'm gonna be studying for the remaining days of the month and half of next. sighhh.. gotta work hard. Just have to keep thinking of the end result, more effort, better results yea.

p/s: OH man, I wish I could sit here all day long surfing net. I realise I've been missing out a lot in the cyberworld. But then again, who the hell sits down all day surfing net? pfft. stupid thought.

Quite sick of cracking my head over some freaking theories every now and then to apply to the questions I have to answer. And they're utterly UN-straightforward. The key is to manipulate away to get what you want.

I miss piano playing during intervals when studying for long hours.

Motivation, where are you? Please come back. I think I'll guide it back by first opening my books and papers. Then I shall stare at the unfamiliar materials that ought to be familiar to me by now and PANIC and study frantically. Why does that sound so unrealistic? OR maybe, I should be surrounded by smart people talking away about the materials I should know and then feel embarassed that I don't know them and study away. Hah, that might work!

Ok bye bye bye.. going to open my books

2 comments:

shenny said...

hahaha! Yes, my holiday officially started at 12pm just now. felt so happy yet speechless and all of a sudden i felt like i dontknow what can i do. uhwells, i'l enjoyy i guess!

and heh, ur post sound so like me 3-4 weeks ago,calling out for motivation and counting down the days and stuffs..it must be hard huh, to get all focused and concentrate when all u want to do is Not study and relax. hahaha.. uhwells, goodlucks to u girl and yeahs.. really goodluck in getting all those motivation! Hahahaha, bcuz i really seriously know how hard to get that:P:P
bt anyways, i think u r much more better than me la.. :D
so, hehe.. do update often la yes! miss u heaps already..

haha, meeting up laplap later i guess:P it'l be great if u are here too... u have a month holiday also in july dont u?! come back la!!! Hahahha

Jasmine said...

haha, trying to study as much as i can now. NO regretting allowed la..haih.

I wish I could be there..but yea.. u ask my mama la, she ah ji ah jo about me going back during mid-year. Visit me if u can :P but ticket is pricey :(

Eh so nice u meeting up with laplap, i haven't met him since.. AGES (literally ages ohh)!

2020 First Post

So 2020 started badly overall for everyone, with world disasters keep coming. However I didn't think it was bad as I was still looking...