Saturday, March 10, 2007

Back in Melbourne

HI guys,

U realize everytime I blog, I’m like a crazy freak who likes to bombard u with wordy, long and boring stuff. Like many events all compressed in one entry? Heheh, sorry here’s another one of those. Hahah but with lots of pics..weeee..

Well, it’s been Looooong, really long, since I last blogged. I really feel it’s been so long. I dunno about u. I think it should be long for u too… seeing that a whole festival (Chinese New Year) has just come and gone ever so quickly and that u guys must have had lots of tests that u’ve taken week by week. And me? Lots of things..heheh. Let’s start

I sort of had a lazybum life when I first arrived. I had to come back early just so that I could sign the lease for renting an apartment with my two other housemates. After that was done, it seems that I could have had (if I had the money) flown back to Brunei and spent maybe a week or two before I come back again. Cause all I did was shopped (well, see what’s new. Didn’t really buy anything) and cross-stitched. And basically did nothing except waiting for orientation day which was on 15th Feb!!! So stupid when I now think back about it. U know why?? Coz since I studied in Trinity College last year, which is a subsidiary of University of Melbourne, I sort of know my way about the uni already. Cause we used to walk around there the whole of last year. So, during orientation they kept introducing the places and I felt that I wasted my time being there. I know I’m supposed to make many new friends during this time, but then.. it’s like I don’t click with those ppl. They’re like different…nyeah. Maybe I’m just being fussy. I did find some friends which I “sometimes” meet in lecture and talk for abit.

All my friends from last year in Trinity are like separated and that sucks a lot. I’m in Engineering, then others are in Architecture, Vet Science, Medicine, Media and Commerce. So we seldom meet up nowadays. Sad sad  Then, in my faculty, there’s like so many guys and they're not handsome one ok. Quite nerdy one. But occasionally there's handsome guys around. Arghhh… still, we need more girls. Girls ..pls come to Engineering if u can ( heheh..eventhough it’s a guy-ish course).So, since all my friends have gone to do other courses, I’m sort of “forced” to make new friends which kinda turned out pretty ok I guess. But u know, it’s really intimidating when I see those local Aussie students being so natural and open to discussions. I can’t do that. Don’t have enough knowledge and courage. I am a stupid coward. Anything they don’t understand or wanna clarify, they just raise their hands in front of a few hundreds of ppl in the lecture theatre and just ask what they wanna know with everyone staring at him/her. Scary :S

Started classes only on 26th Feb. See? Got so much time before REAL classes start. Screw this stupid orientation thing.. waste of my time..should have spent Chinese New Year in Malaysia and could have spent more time with u guys back in Brunei. Lucky next year I don’t need orientation anymore..yays. just need to come back before classes start.

Okies, then there’s physics lab class. How weird would it be to be one of the only two Asians in the group of about 10-15 ppl and that the other Asian is ABC (Australian-born-Chinese). Very very intimidating. They seem to not naturally wanna be my lab partner because I’m not their kind or something or maybe they’re scared of Asians?? I dunno… then this nice Aussie girl sort of ask if I’m ok with her being my partner. Of Course I’m okay. More than okay, I’m grateful. Other classes were ok I guess. I don’t really wanna comment on my classes. It’s like I have no comment at all. I dunno if I like them or not. I dunno if I’m meant to do Engineering or not. Kinda lost. And I dunno why must there be like 2 or 3 lectures a week for each subject. Can’t it be just one lecture? Stupid stupid. But anyway.. hate the fact that I have 9 am classes everyday except for Thursday. So lazy to wake up that early. Last year I used to have 9 am class only for one day in the week. I know it’s kinda ironic that I’m talking about 9 am being “early” when u guys wake up at 5 or 6 am everyday and of course I did that everyday for like 6 years in SGS. But still, I just don’t like it… I would prefer a 10 am or 11 am class. It just feels better! A little bit more energetic. Or maybe it’s just a psychological effect :P

I’m lazy to continue eventhough I’m supposed to post pics and talk more about what’s going on/went on in my life. Another day perhaps.. I’ll be back!!

p/s: Lyn.. something’s wrong with the “equation”, as in the + is supposed to be =?

5 comments:

shenny said...

Yays, Jasmine yap u finally blogged, after so so long u went back. Sounds scary ey the process of u making frens there, but I know you'l be okays one la.. u dont need to go make frens la, jus sit there, and ppl wil come to make frens with u ledy. Hahaha. =P
Anyways, I really miss you very much la.. haven really contacted with u for almost one month... sighs`
anyways, goodluck in your uni life there. all the best oh.. =p

Amanda Yap said...

WHAT??? I don't see 'lots of pics'. =/

T-erence said...

hi shennnnnn.. and sarcastic amanda!! hahaha, yeah it's been so long. and dunno when only i blog again.. maybe later? hehehe..dunno lar..see how. MISS U TOO ehh!! good luck with alevels ah u.. jia you jia you.. and get good good results so u can go anywhere to study!!

Amilyn said...

"Then, in my faculty, there’s like so many guys and they're not handsome one ok. Quite nerdy one. But occasionally there's handsome guys around."
-- HAHAHA. yeah who ask you to choose engineering hmmm? :P btw give us a detailed insight on your course kay, what course are you doing anyway? what engineering??

YES YOU SHOULD HAVE SPENT CNY HERE!!!!

oh yeah. i just noticed the equation's wrong. hehe...i'll change that

shenny said...

Yeahs yeahs.. i'l jia you jia you hopefully.. =P
and hope i can go study wutever i want in wherever i want.. Hehehe.. keep in contact la k.. *hugs*

2020 First Post

So 2020 started badly overall for everyone, with world disasters keep coming. However I didn't think it was bad as I was still looking...