Tuesday, May 20, 2008

3.17 am

I ought to be asleep now!

Shen..hehe, the video i put there is a Beijing Olympic theme song, which I like alot also coz a lot of stars get together and represent the Chinese people community.

The Sichuan earthquake.. is freaky. Even Beijing, all the way north of China could feel it..eventhough it occured miles away.

I wish I could watch that on TV, the fund-raising thing. But I can't.

I was watching a youtube video of the earthquake the other day and then went on to read the comments on the video. And this obviously "American" guy commented saying how China deserves this cause they've caused many kids to die from lead poisoning from the toys they manufacture. And other products they manufacture have also got high mercury content. Well, this is true butttt.. I find it very cruel for him to be saying stuff like that. Must there be revenge on one another continuously? I don't think it's necessary.

Anyway.. China is definitely aware that their country's reputation is being distorted by the media around the world. Another case is their reluctance to allow Tibet to gain independence from them. Then China keeps defending itself, telling people not to believe what they see on Tv, newspapers, internet..etc. I guess this is also to support the upcoming Olympic games.

There was a protest here in Melbourne few weeks ago. There are freaking a lot of China people here man! Most of them are students btw. They were marching from one end of the city till halfway.





Anyway.. enough about China.. let's talk about Burma. Goodness gracious me! To me, they are facing a far worst disaster than China. I read this post (http://timothytiah.blogspot.com/2008/05/burma.html) and found out how saddening the situation in Burma is. It's like their own government is turning itself against its own people. Dumbasses!

No comments:

2020 First Post

So 2020 started badly overall for everyone, with world disasters keep coming. However I didn't think it was bad as I was still looking...