Saturday, May 28, 2011

Teaching Practice..

so I'm doing my teaching practice now at a school nearby my home. It is like an attachment thing so THERE GOES MY ''SUMMER 3MONTHS'' HOLIDAY! huhuhu.. so the teaching practice has been so far so good. The school I was assigned to is very near to my house and this is actually good because I pretty much do not need to rush to work and it takes only around 5 minutes to reach home from work. Another good thing that I should be glad about this tp is that I am teaching in the afternoon session so there is really no need for me to wake up early for work.. well everything is good BUT, but but but.... now that I think.. this is my first tp and I have another tp next yr; it is quite impossible that I'l be sent to the same school to do my 2nd TP so I'm pretty much upset now, because I have find myself slowly liking this school, and its conveniency to me... I want to maybe teach here in the future... BLEHS.

So recalling back, on the first day during the briefing, I was actually quite down when I know I am going to be in the afternoon session, because I was hoping that I could have my afternoon free to do whatever I want; gym, shop, and yea.. But this is the end of the second week already and it hasnt been too bad. I started teaching already on the second day because the classes I was given to, they were going to start a new topic and the subject teacher suggested that it'd be better if i start the new topic myself..so I started teaching on the 2nd day of my work. Overall, things were okay until the second week.

A relief teacher came to report for work and she was going to relief the two classes I was given to because the teacher in charge of the classes was going to take maternity leave so so so they decided to give me another two new classes...... omg I feel like I'm reporting... ohwells, so summary is I was given two new classes and so far I'm enjoying it eventhough there are a few very very talkative students. pfft..... oh, and I had a surprise visit by my supervisor yesterday to observe my class. I was not prepared because I thought I didnt have to teach that class yet; wrong information given by my CT but Im glad that I handled that class well despite no preparation. hehehe, and I got a pretty average grade from my supervisor.

so what am I doing now.... nothing in the staffroom, listening to the radio's songs.. and blogging here... colleagues are talking about their classes.. comparing students' answers... time is ticking, tick tock tick tock....

recently my feelings has been Up and Down but I sure hope there will be no more Down because I don't want to go through that kind of feelings anymore. I just hope all will end well for me. I pray, because all I ever wanted is just to.....

2 comments:

Jasmine said...

Everything sounds so peaceful on your side! That's great to hear.. hope it remains nice and calm for you.

As for me, still battling exams. It's like usually after uni ends, there's 1 week study week, then 3 weeks of exam period. But my exams are in the middle of 2nd exam week and end of 3rd exam week. That's why it felt so long and draggy. Just had one yesterday.. felt so relieved. It's like I always have to go thru the first exam, then only the exam tension is broken. So now, eventhough I have another exam which is bound to be harder, I'm not as gan jiong as before. So ya, another 5 days to my last exam and I'm free for the mean time. Coz during hols, I'm not supposed to have hols but to work on my final year project. But I do want to have some kind of break. Hence, my plan to do quite a number of things after my exam ends..haha, enjoy a bit first :P before going back to final year project again. Can't wait! This is like never-ending. Haven't been out for "fun" for 6 weeks. Even for dinners, I feel guilty and time-constrained, coz I always need to get back to studying or doing work.

My Corner said...

Teaching is an act of the soul. I know, I am a teacher. Keep your head up and grab on to positive thoughts :)

2020 First Post

So 2020 started badly overall for everyone, with world disasters keep coming. However I didn't think it was bad as I was still looking...