Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm so excited!

HAHAHA...wah I AM DAMN EXCITED.

Ok, ppl who live in Sgpore(*ahem* Lyn) can disregard my excitement..haha
But right, IF u are a reader of Xiaxue's blog, u'll super get what I mean.

I thought that Singapore Day that was held in New York was just a once-off thing, only for New-Yorkers to commemorate their day..blabla. And then that Xiaxue girl was there, with Rozz doing the video part, and then there was "Eugene" from "i not stupid" movie, then there was even GETAI performance..ohmygod. Speaking of getai, I was watching this movie, the last time, on my way back from Melbourne to Brunei on the plane. It's called "Papaya" or "881".. soo damn boring but still watched it throughout. Keep singing Hokkien songs with awful over-colourful costumes. Didn't know these performances existed in Sgpore until I watched that movie (which even has a cameo of the May and Choy sisters from MTV). Goodness, the singing and dancing are really really LAO TU (old-fashioned) man.

Hady Mirza's gonna be there too. I bet any of u know him more than I do. Only thing I know is that he won Singapore and Asian Idols. I've never heard any of his songs.

Ok, anyway, I've blurted too many randoms which don't flow very well..hahaha

Anyway, ok, my point is THEY'RE GONNA BE HERE IN MELBOURNE NEXT!!!
Funny why it's held here next.

Yay, happy! Can see who u know?



PHUA CHU KANG AHHHH!

hahahah, he's gonna be here with his PHUA family. Can't wait.. i love that show. He's so damn funny.

Then this uncle from Newton's circus who sells the best char kuey teow in Sgpore apparently. I was there last December.. and walked past his stall. And like "EHH" and I excitedly pointed out to my sis that this is the stall that Xiaxue and Rozz had their charkueyteow challenge for the series Girls Out Loud. And he was also asked to go to Singapore Day in New York. So I THINK I'm gonna see him again. By the way, I did order a plate of his award-winning(in Sgpre) charkueyteow.. hehe, sad to say, not that nice. It's like my cousins and I ate it, looked at each other weirdly and exclaimed that any charkueyteow in KL could beat that..hehe. No offense, but it's a fact :P But I love the panggang squid and stingray and oh-jian and all the yummy seafood. I want to eat chilli crab and ais kachang (reminds me of PCK's mama).

Apparently for this Singapore Day, they're going to fly their ingredients & their chefs all the way from Singapore as well, so food should taste the same as back in Sgpore.

But there's bad news!

I registered online.. coz the food is FREE, so u gotta register. And of course, on nationality, I had to click Malaysian, in case they check passport/IC right? Then I got this message saying places are limited and the event is supposed to be for Sgporeans only. BUT we Malaysians who registered will be wait-listed. Just hope I get a spot. I registered today on 18th September, and it's gonna be held on 4th October. What are my chances of being able to attend this? High, I hope :-(

No comments:

2020 First Post

So 2020 started badly overall for everyone, with world disasters keep coming. However I didn't think it was bad as I was still looking...