Saturday, September 06, 2008

What a week!

I think this post is gonna be quite long

It has been such a busy busy week. So many things to do. Esp stupid uni stuff.. haih. Anyway.. as usual, lots of assignments, lab reports and mid-semester tests. I should be studying for my test but I am so nice, I'm gonna take time off studying to blog..waahaha.

This week, there's this Festival of Nations in uni. This is where students from different organisations will set up stalls selling food. And then, there's cultural performances on stage. All these for two days. Being a commitee member of IESS (short abbreviation for Intn'l Engineering Students Society), I had to help out with our stall.

Most of us in IESS are Malaysians, hence, we were selling Beef Rendang with mantao, pisang goreng & lemongrass chicken drummetts. Haha, it was actually quite fun, standing there deep-drying the chicken while people walk past our stall. Like as if I can cook that well. But, the IESS ppl marinated it quite nicely, so it was pretty yummy.

This club called MOMU (Msians of Melb Uni) sold kuih-muih's, Thai club sold Pad Thai, HK association sold French toast, then Sgporean ppl sold their Sgpore fried meehoon. I think some other clubs sold their individual country's food. I didn't really walk around much. I remembered there was satay too. And some korean and indonesian food, Chinese longan/cincau/grass jelly/sea coconut/etc dessert drink, nasi lemak, tau fu fah, Lok-loks(famous in KL) and others.

Anyway.. performances include hip-hop dance, breakdancing(from this newly-set-up breakdancing club), wu shu, bollywood dance, and my favorite, the Taiko Drummers (wah, reminds me of the arcade game man, where u hit the big Japanese drum).


I also went to two uni students' theatre shows during the last two weeks. One's a musical and another's a theatre performance. Both are in Chinese..haha, sometimes I still need to look at the subtitles provided on a screen above the stage.


Now, time for some random-ness:



A very pretty and Renaissance-era-looking chandelier I noticed at a chocolate
shop while Glo was buying chocolates (ahhaha chocolate addict la her)

This street-show statue is quite pretty right? It's a MAN!!

Since I ony have 50 cents spare coins, I gave it to his collection box. And he blew me a kiss.ahaha so funny.


Strawberry Dip, I likee

My friend's cheesecake.






One day, during the holidays, which was damn long ago, in June or July, Teo and I decided to go to this tourist place, called the Shrine of Rememberance. According to their website, it is a place:

"In remembrance of those who served and those who died in the Great War of 1914-1918 and armed conflicts and peacekeeping duties since."











There's a stairs that goes all the way up to the top of the big shrine,
so we're up there in these 2 pics(above and below).




At the front, on the stairs
Teo looks so cool here.


LOL. Taken with self-timer. Stupid wind, my hair was all over my face.


At the right side of the shrine

Fire that never goes off, kononnya

Me being silly..HAHA


We went to the Royal Botanical Gardens after that(just next to it).. this huge ball sculpture was at the entrance.



A little hut made of branches


This tree branch looks like a hand leh!


Lake behind


Ducks in the lake


Out of nowhere, these geese/swans came out, walking freely in the park. So odd.

Well, maybe they're meant to be out and about.

This post has taken me hours to finish. Gone are my studying time. :-(

Anyway.. I really feel like posting ski trip pics. But it's gonna take another few hours, I presume. So next time, folks.

No comments:

2020 First Post

So 2020 started badly overall for everyone, with world disasters keep coming. However I didn't think it was bad as I was still looking...