Thursday, February 12, 2009

essay...yada yada yada

I have 500+ more words to go. Must do it, can do it. got about 15 hrs left. SURE CAN LAH!

Now, I relax a bit.

I find it funny + weird how every single time, when I get the essay question/look at it for the first time, I go O_O and feel like it's an impossible task to perform. The feeling is like "omfg, how to write anything about it? The question is just two effing lines aye.". Then slowly, I either 1) talk to someone about it 2) pester someone about it, hehe or 3) come up with something and ask tutor/lecturer if my main points/arguments are correct. Somehow, someway, I always end up writing up the whole thing (Duh! otherwise, how to hand in?). But the thing is, I always need need need to have a big picture. Like what are my main points and all, then only elaborate. Ok, I'm sounding like some English teacher teaching u how to write essay already.

But, weird thing is, this time, I didn't ask anyone at all/talk about it to anyone. A friend of mine who has done this subject sent me his whole essay about the same topic 2 years ago. Stupid, they recycle their questions. But he was only required to write 500 words on it, whereas me, 2000 aye. So.. his essay was basically.. of no use to me. Different points and all also. So.. I am taking a risk this time. Don't know if my points are right, but who cares, I'm quite confident in them. nyeah.

Oh, anyway, back to my point. I find it weird how in the end, it just gets done. Due to time pressure, always. I always think they're impossible to do, but always, in the end, with the do or die attitude, it CAN be done.

You know what the funny thing is? I could opt to not write essays! Just cause I chose this management subject, I had to write 2 essays. Chose it as an elective. I mean, I could have gone and done some maths/science/other faculties' subjects, but I chose this. No particular reason why. Just a choice. Maybe, in the back of my mind, I wanna be a Commerce student? hmm..not really. But I have been exploring with Commerce, by choosing all 3 electives so far from their faculty. Introductory Microeconomics, Finance and Managing People and Organisations. And each of those has 2 big essays to write. I'm weird.

No comments:

2020 First Post

So 2020 started badly overall for everyone, with world disasters keep coming. However I didn't think it was bad as I was still looking...