Tuesday, February 24, 2009

TV

Hey guys..

Haven't been having the mood to reply to anything at all. e-mails, facebook, comments, tagboard. hehehe.. I must have mood to do that one.. :P so don't mind my unresponsiveness.

Anyway,
My mood is a little lifted when I see so many people in uni. I mean, during summer, it's as quiet as hell. Only random ppl, maybe 10-20% of the uni's population are there. Maybe even less. And I always felt so lonely.. and like the uni is dead zone or something.
These few days, there's orientation and all. So, you see lots of new ppl going around uni.. enrolling and looking for their buildings to go to. And medical (ahem, teo) and dentistry ppl have started their classes. Trinity college ppl are seen around uni.. so yea.. the uni is alive and bustling again. How I miss the atmosphere. Shit man.. does that mean I cannot live in solitude or wat. I feel happy that people are coming back and I get to see them again. coz all these while, they're back home holiday-ing. I think I like to be part of a crowded atmosphere or something. EEEks i'm so weird. The same feeling happens when I'm on the streets. when it's quiet, I feel so weird and like lonely. When it's crowded, I feel part of something big. Maybe I just like to watch ppl. ok, too much crap here.

Back to my topic, TV.
Last Saturday, I decided to watch TV. Mind you, I don't usually watch TV. I have forsaken TV long ago. I used to watch moderately in my first two years here but later on.. other priorities have taken over my life. Yes, the dreaded assignments, readings, mid-semester tests, preparations for classes I have to do. So sad. What a life I have! then.. only occasionally I switch on the tv. maybe twice a week? sometimes, never ever in a week. Anyway.. the channels I have are kinda boring anyway. It's like national television networks la..boring! no Chinese channels (duh.. unless it's Astro), no mtv, no movie channels, no discovery channels, no E! channel. So sien.

But there is something that resembles Astro here.. it's called Foxtel. The apartment that Vc is staying at has it. But I never go and on it also anyway. Coz I just lost interest in TV altogether already ..after all these while. And by watching TV, I don't mean movies that u downloaded and watch.. I mean, flipping thru channels and catching the shows, and like if u miss it, u miss it. And you don't have to think of wat to watch, like u do when u watch shows on the computer. TV, u just mindlessly watch what's on the TV.

So, that faithful day, I turned on the tv. And omgg.. sat there, being a couch potato for hours. I think almost 5 hrs. Kinda re-discovered the joy of watching tv man. U know I used to be a tv addict, would flip thru the Astro guide book, circle which shows I wanna watch throughout the day, and watch accordingly, like a timetable. Anyway, managed to catch some shows, like 2 episodes of Sex and the City, The Simple Life & The Hills after that (dunno why I was watching these two, just got curious abt what these shows were about, interesting, but I kept rolling my eyes), Anatomy of a Snake bite (lol, this was on discovery channel), Gilmore girls & Gossip Girl (oh man, spoiler. I only knew what happened in season 1. then suddenly the girl was with another guy in season 2.. eeesh).

Watched the Academy Awards yesterday night, one/two nights later than the actual thing. Makes me wanna watch all the movies that were nominated. Like, The Reader, The curious case of benjamin button, Milk and of course, the SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE. Happy that Heath Ledger won the best supporting actor, hurray for him. Owh, and Meryl Streep, Nicole Kidman and Anne Hathaway are so pretty and glam. Btw, Hugh Jackman's humor amazes me coz he's always so dead serious as Wolverine. Oh and Beyonce's voice is super power!

I think I just wasted ur time, talking about nonsensical bullcrap. wahhaha. sry guys.

p/s: super long post may be delayed due to unforeseen laziness

No comments:

2020 First Post

So 2020 started badly overall for everyone, with world disasters keep coming. However I didn't think it was bad as I was still looking...