Thursday, October 02, 2008

Trauma Centre: Under the Knife


I have this love-hate relationship with this game man.. more on love though.

Remember I talked about this operation game before? I was stuck at one stage during my June/July holidays, then I got pissed and didn't play it anymore. Those of you who play this game, u know that chapter where u get a bomb as ur patient to operate on, and if u fail, it'll go ka-boom! Yah, that bloody stage.

Then I just had a sudden urge to tackle that stage again, but still failed. So, I went on YOUTUBE and actually found videos of that stage being played and video-ed. HAPPINESS!! Turns out I've been laser-ing the wrong thing.. instead of laser-ing the microchips, I lasered the wires instead. No wonder, always explode. This sounds like nothing connected to operating patients, but somehow the game designers found a way to use ur operating skills to diffuse a bomb. weird, i know.

Anyway... I got past that and yipeee I'm going onto other stages. Hope I don't get stuck again.

This game is so tough man.. it depends on ur speed and precision. Play it and u'll get what I mean. Too slow, ur dead, too inaccurate and you're dead too.

I love this game, cause it's quite challenging and it gives a false sense of operating on real patients. I got so disgusted by the internal organs (intestines, beating heart, liver) at first...but over time, it's like nah, it's nothing. But I hate that after going through a stage with ur nurse telling you what to do, you have to operate on another patient on your own. Which means, you would have to remember all the procedures, like as if you're doing a revision. Then there's this other stage where u get an actual "ten" minutes to operate on 5 patients. Omg, my wrist was damn cramped after that, every second is precious and I tried not to stop at all. And I had to take about more than 20 attempts to finally get past that operation. nasty!



Anyway.. it's weird that I'm playing a game. And it's a role-playing game, I know I hated RPG games, so lenghty and too many dialogues. SO not me. I was never a game person. The last time I played any game was on the Playstation 1. Crash Bandicoot, loved that game. But have never gotten to finish it.

I'm nearing the end of this Trauma centre game, I'm on Chapter 7, which is the last chapter. I feel like this is such a big achievement for a non-game player..hehe! Apparently, this game is available on Wii as well.

I-Games is tomorrow.. hope my netball team wins and hope that IESS wins.

Singapore day administrator has not yet contacted me.. saddd.. it's on this saturday.
I'm going back to uni again on Monday. Dread it.

No comments:

2020 First Post

So 2020 started badly overall for everyone, with world disasters keep coming. However I didn't think it was bad as I was still looking...